Thursday, February 2, 2012

They say it's not as bad as they say it is.



Coming to college some of us get home sick, some of us miss our pets, family, and friends that we left behind. Eventually most of us just learn to cope with being away from home, others visit home frequently. I have only gone home three times since college started all together. There are a few things I miss like having my little annoying brother around all the time, good cooked meals, being able to have my car to drive and a big one is being around kids, like I have been all my life. I worked at a daycare, I also volunteered for three years at a kindergarten class two times a week after school. Those kids were so cute, and I loved watching them progress over the year. I can still remember most of the kids through the three years. My favorite part of the year was field day, I always got permission to skip classes and help out at the elementary school. The kids would do simple fun tasks like tug a war, hoola hooping, dancing, soccer and every sports rated game possible. At the end of the long day the kids would lay in the grass exhausted with popsicle stained shirts. That is one thing I took for granted that I defiantly miss.  Those kids always made you leave with a smile on your face, no matter if you had the worst day at school or failed a test. Guess I could use that while at college when I fail and exam

No comments:

Post a Comment